Cabbagetown Kid’s Zone:
Looking to do something new to do with your children? Try these websites:
Activities to do with Kids in Toronto – a list of websites that focus on activities for you and your child in and around Toronto:
Toronto 4Kids: http://www.toronto4kids.com/
Help We’ve Got Kids: http://www.helpwevegotkids.com/
Best Things to Do with Kids in Toronto: http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadiancities1/tp/toptorontokids.htm
Kids Around Canada: http://www.kidsaroundcanada.com/
Information for things to do with kids in Toronto: http://www.househuntingintoronto.com/toronto/toronto_for_kids.htm
There are cool things to do and visit right in your neighborhood. Here are a few tips to create a fun staycation with the kids.
- Pretend you are a tourist in your own area. Visit the BIA on Carlton St. or visit their website to get ideas for things to do in the neighborhood. www.oldcabbagetown.ca
- Do a Google map search for nearby parks, batting cages, mini-golf courses, culture centers, and other places you have never visited. Here are a few treasures within walking distance of our neighborhood:
- Allan Gardens - Visit the Botanical Gardens
- Canada's First Post Office
- McKenzie House on Bond Street
- Visit the Acropolis Cemetery
- Contact the Cabbagetown Preservation Association about a historic walking tour.
- Do research about some of the famous Cabbagetown People
- Visit the Riverdale Zoo …
- Visit the Gerrard Street Public Library
- Make a trip to the Regent Park Museum
- Walk the path of some of the Lost Rivers of Toronto
- Visit the Toronto Brickworks
- Go to the organic Farmers Market in Riverdale Farm on Tuesdays from 3-7 PM.
Kid’s Camps & Daycare:
Kidz Klub “After School Program" at Central Neighborhood House on 349 Ontario Street is offered as a FREE service that operates Monday to Fridays from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm – September to June. The program is for children ages 5 – 12. The program schedule includes: 3:30 – 4:00 Snack Time; 4pm – 4:45 Homework; 5pm – 6pm Daily Activities. To register pick-up a registration form and monthly program calendar from reception or one of the program staff. Call: 416.925.4363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or www.cnh.on.ca
Camp Central Neighbourhood House:
CNH runs a summer camp for children. For more information visit their website at www.cnh.on.ca or call the Camp Director at 416 925 4363 x101
Toronto Public Library Kidsapce: http://kidsspace.torontopubliclibrary.ca/
Kids Camp Directories:
How about making a short video from some of your still photo’s? Want to make a video from your still photo’s? Visit www.animoto.com . The service is free for a video under 30 seconds and anything longer is currently $3 (Teachers, nonprofits and charities get free access). There is also an option for a subscription at $99 for three months and $249 for a year. It takes seconds and you can download your video to your computer, Facebook, YouTube, MySpace or have them burn it onto a DVD. There is even an iPhone app.